Manchester city and carabao cup are simply two love birds in English football since 2018.
City lifted their fourth carabao cup in a row at wembley against tottenham courstey of Aymeric Laporte header in the 82nd minutes .
The highly contested match , was Pep Guardiola first silverware of the season and are already in poll position to win the league .
However it was disappointment for tottenham hotspur young manager Ryan Mason , who’s hope to clinch a title for tottenham was shattered.
Vital facts as manchester city clinched fourth carabao cup
Man City 1-0 Tottenham.
⚽️ 82′: A. Laporte
🎯 Possession: 62-38
🥅 Shots: 21-2
👟 Passes: 509-274
* MANCHESTER CITY WIN THE CUP
* Manchester City have won the Carabao Cup for a joint-record eighth time
* Another trophy for PepGuardiola
* No Man_City player has scored more goals in the League Cup this season than Aymeric #Laporte (2).
* Aymeric Laporte has become just the third French player to score in a League Cup final, after Louis Saha for Man Utd in 2006 and Samir Nasri for Man City in 2014. Bleu.
* Aymeric_Laporte has now scored 2 goals in 25 apps for Man City in all competitions this season – both have come in the EFL Cup.
* This was also Laporte’s 8th career goal for the #Citizens – all 8 have come away from the Etihad Stadium.
* Kevin De Bruyne’s now has 20 assists for club and country this season.
* Pep_Guardiola has won the Carabao Cup in every single season he’s been manager of Manchester City ( four )
* Manchester City (4) equal Liverpool’s record for most League Cup wins in a row: 👇
* Pep Guardiola has now won 30 trophies since becoming Barcelona manager in July 2008.
That’s one every 23 games on average.
* Tottenham continue their quest for a silverware since (2008).