Five Things To Know About The Dissolution Of SARS
Inspector General of police Mohammed Adamu has officially announced the dissolution of the special anti robbery squad ( SARS )
However the announcement was on live broadcast few minute ago after persistent protest from Nigerian youth .
Five Things you need to know about the dissolution of special anti robbery squad SARS
END SARS protest which entered into day four across Nigeria .
protesters took to the street of lagos, delta , Edo , IMO , bayelsa , Kaduna , and Abuja today .
Protest comes after continuous Brutality from the police over unlawful Activities such as , extortion , illegal arrest , killings and many more.
Five Things You need to know about scrapping of SARS
However, Nigerians can now breath a sigh of relief after the inspector General of police Announced the dissolution of sars.
Meanwhile Below are the five Things you need to know about the Dissolution Of special anti robbery squad ( SARS )
* special anti robbery squad ( sars ) has been dissolved across all the thirty – six (36) state commands.
Including the federal capital territory with immediate effect.
* All officers and men serving in the unit are to be redeployed into other police commands, formations and units.
* A new policing arrangements for tackling offences of armed robbery and other violent crimes will be unvieled to the public soon.
* A citizens and strategic stakeholder forum will be launched.
In other to provide an avenue for citizens to regularly interface and advice the police authority. On issues touching on the general public.
* To deal with the crimes committed against citizens , an investigative team will be will be constituted .
Which will include civil society organizations and culprit will be Punished !!
The voices of Nigerian youth have been heard , but time will tell how long they start to implement this order.
Follow us for more updates !!