Apply As A Federal Skilled Worker In Canada Now – Job Offered By Government Of Canada
To apply for this program you must be a skilled worker with foreign work experience and also want to immigrate to Canada permanently.
This Is How The Program Works
The program has minimum requirements for:
skilled work experience
Meanwhile, you must meet all the minimum requirements to be eligible.
Factors For Selection
First, if you meet all the minimum requirements, then your application will be assessed based on the following;
- work experience
- whether you have a valid job offer
- English and/or French language skills
- adaptability (how well you’re likely to settle here).
These factors are part of a 100-point grid used to assess eligibility for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. You earn points for how well you do in each of the 6 factors.
The current pass mark is 67 points.
Fully-Funded Sports Scholarships For African Youths – Application Now On-Going!
For Skilled Work Experience
Skilled work experience means that you’ve worked in 1 of this National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups:
- Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
- Professional jobs (skill level A)
- Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)
You must show that while working in your primary occupation, you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.
Cristiano Ronaldo Scholarship Program And How To Apply
Your Skilled Work Experience Must Be;
- in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
- within the last 10 years
- paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
- at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
- full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
- equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours) – You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
- full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours).
For Part-Time Work Experience
Here, skilled work experience must be paid work including paid wages or earned commission. Volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count.
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours. You can work more than 1 part-time job to get the hours you need to apply.
For Student Work Experience
Work experience gained while you were studying may count towards your minimum requirements if the work:
- was paid by wages or commissions
- was continuous (no gaps in employment), and
- meets all the other requirements of the Program.
Language Ability To Qualify For The Job
You must do the following to be eligible;
- take approved language tests in English or French for:
- get a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all 4 abilities
- enter the test results in your Express Entry profile
Your language tests are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result. They must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residence.
Get your documents ready and submit your profile.