Checkout 10 Important Things The IGP Said Regarding Fsars
See the ten things you need to know on the position of the IGP on FSARS and other security agencies.
Following the recent outrage , regarding the unlawful activities of the FSARS operatives in the country the IGP Muhammed Adamu has switfly taken actions.
While making the announcement in Abuja through the force pro frank mba the IGP announce ten things Nigerians need to know.
* The IGP has banned operatives of FSARS , STS and IRT from patrol in the streets.
* The IGP has also banned all low risk duties such as stop and search , checkpoints , mounting of road blocks , traffic checks with immediate effect.
* He also banned the listed agencies from wearing mufti in carrying out tactical operations.
* All officers must always be on uniform or approved tactical gear while on duty.
* The IGP has banned the indiscriminate and unauthorize searching of phone, laptops and other smart device.
* Still on the ban list , he has directed that personnel of FSARS and other tactical squads concentrate and respond only to cases of armed robbery, kidnapping , and other violent crimes when the need arises.
* The IGP has ordered the x- squad and monitoring unit to monitor and arrest erring personnel of FSARS and other policemen on the road .
* The IGP warned that henceforth , dcp in charge of FSARS, cps in charge of state commands and fct as well as their supervisory AIGs will be held liable for misconduct of personnel of FSARS and other within their jurisdiction
*In line with paragraph eight (8) above ,the IGP has charge the affected AIGs and cps to ensure an effective supervision of personnel of FSARS and others within their jurisdiction.
* The inspector General of police has appealed to citizens not to allow the misconduct by a few personnel of the force to negatively impact on their confidence and trust in the police.
With the aforementioned law been followed , Nigerians could breath a sigh of relief and rebuild their faith in the police force.
Follow us for more updates !!