Man united staff are currently “split” over whether Mason Greenwood should be allowed to continue his career at Old Trafford, according to The Guardian.
Some feel the club “owe a duty of care” to Greenwood as he has been at the club since he was seven.
However, a “substantial proportion” of the staff “would be deeply unhappy” if Greenwood were to pull on the red shirt once again.
Greenwood has been suspended by United since he was first arrested back in January 2022.
Greater Manchester Police announced on Thursday, February 2 that criminal proceedings against the youngster had been discontinued.
Greenwood had been charged with attempted rape, engaging in controlling and coercive behaviour and assault, allegations relating to the same woman.
ALSO READ: Roy Keane Names 4 Players That Caused Problems For Man United Last Season – Includes Pogba
When Ten Hag was asked in his pre-Crystal Palace press conference if he had anything to say on Greenwood, he said: “No. Nothing. I can’t add nothing, I refer to the statement of the club.
“As I said, in this moment, I can’t give comment about the process. I can’t say anything about it, I refer to the statement of the club and at this moment I can’t add anything.”
United’s statement, released on Thursday evening, read: “Manchester United notes the decision of the Crown Prosecution Service that all charges against Mason Greenwood have been dropped.
“The club will now conduct its own process before determining next steps. We will not make any further comment until that process is complete.”