Important Emergency Management In Food Poisoning and Heart Attack
Important Emergency Management In Food Poisoning and Heart Attack , a guide every household needs to Know.
Food poisoning is an illness caused by eating food that is contaminated by dangerous bacteria ( known as pathogens) viruses and toxins.
Important Emergency Management In Food Poisoning and Heart Attack
The most symptoms of food Poisoning are vomiting , diarrhea , nausea, stomach cramps, fever and headache , symptoms can range from mild to very severe as symptoms may varies .
Food poisoning can be prevented with this few key points
How To prevent food poisoning
* Avoid fresh leafy greens :
Unless you are absolutely sure these greens have been washed with filtered water ,it is most advisable to avoid eating anything in this category. Cooked greens are good ( Highly recommendable) especially in boiled soups, in the same vein do not eat raw unpeeled fruits or vegetables.
* Wash Your Hands :
It is highly recommendable to keep proper hygiene . Washing your hands often with the use of antibacterial creams or soap before eating is advisable for maximum safety . In the same vein it’s also required to wash your hands after using the toilets.
* Avoid Eating Uncovered Food :
This is were most people who suffers from food poisoning contract the illness.
Uncovered Food are pron to cause food poisoning , because it has been expose to different infectious pathogens. Highly required to avoid eating uncovered food
* Water :
One big factor contributing to food poisoning is water . Avoid drinking untreated tap waters at home , school or hostels. Always drink boiled water or bottled water ( if your can afford it ) that has been filtered.
* prevent the growth of bacteria by ensuring that all food stored in the refrigerator is covered and adequately chilled .
* Wash your hands before handling raw meat or eggs particularly before handling other foods
* Do not re – use utensils with which you have prepared raw eggs or near without washing them with hot water and detergent.
* Vulnerable people e.g the elderly ,the sick ,babies and pregnant women should eat eggs only which have been cooked until they are hard ( both Yoke and white)
* Do not drink any type of unpasteurized milk
Tips On How To Survive Food Poisoning
When food poisoning occurs , here are some emergency (These treatment to can use as first aid before seeing a doctor) or can help get rid of it .
* when it starts, do not do anything, do not try to eat anything otherwise you have more vomiting and diarrhea, not only that you also lose more body fluids and electrolytes than you would otherwise.
*After a few hours, take a sip of water ,or suck on a chip of ice , no gulping or you are more likely to bring the fluids right back up.
* Having proper rest plays a pivotal role on recovering from food poisoning.
You have an infection or have been poisoned with bacteria toxin, allow your body to use it’s defenses to fight it off and not have to worry about using energy for less essential activities.
* when you can keep down the sips, gradually drink more fluids. Water is good so is pedialyte or make your rehydration solution.
Sports drink can have a little too much sugar for your gut to handle and make the diarrhea worse. So dilute them on half with water .
* Don’t be in a hurry to eat solid for at least the first 24 hours, if you get hungry within those 24 hours ,try something on the BRAT i.e DIET : bananas, rice , applesauce and toast . ( The brat diet is a bland-food diet that is often recommended for adults and children ) No butter . Also stay away dairy products for a few days.
Some Reasons To Seek Medical Attention In Food Poisoning.
People who are elderly or very young ( babies) or who have chronic medical problems, such as heart disease or diabetes should seek medical attention for food poisoning since they can get quickly dehydrated before anyone starts to notice.
A heart attack ( also known as a myocardial infarction) is the damage and death of heart muscle from the sudden blockage of a coronary artery by a blood clot.
Coronary arteries are blood vessels that supply the heart muscle with blood and oxygen. Blockage of a coronary arteries deprives the heart muscle of blood and oxygen, causing injury to the heart muscle.
Injury to the heart muscle causes chest pain and chest pressure sensation.
If blood flow is not restored to the heart within 20 to 40 minutes, irreversible death of the heart muscle will begin to occur.
Muscle continues to die for six to eight hours at which time the heart attack usually is ” Complete ” . The dead heart muscle is eventually replaced by scar tissue.
How To Prevent A Heart Attack
Although at times heart attack happens without formal notice of signs , while in some cases they ignore the warning signs of a possible heart attack.
Here are a few key points on preventing a heart attack from happening.
* Eating proper balance diet help your body immune fight off some of these deadly sickness from occuring .
* Regular Exercise of the body is also a key factor in reducing the chances of having a heart attack. Exercising daily or frequently goes a long way in keeping your body fit.
Thou we have seen sport men died of heart attacks during action. But exercise is still a major part of healthy lifestyle and also help reduce the chances of Heart Attack .
* Regular Medical Check ups also helps a lot, most people joke with this aspect without knowing the consequences.
Seeing your doctor for check up help you know when your at risk , and a possible solution if detected .
* Report any strange signs to your medical Doctor.
Report any sign of chest pain and chest pressure sensation to your doctor immediately because those are signs of a possible heart attack.
Tips On What To Do In Case Of Heart Attack
After a heart attack ,quick treatment to open the blocked artery is essential to lessen the amount of damage. At the first signs of heart attack, call for emergency treatment. The best time to treat heart attack is within one to two hours of the first onset of symptoms.
Waiting longer Increases the damage to your heart and reduce your chances of survival.
Keep in mind that chest DISCOMFORT can be described in many ways. It can occur in the chest or in the arms, back or jaw. If you have symptoms ,take notice. These are your heart disease warning signs . Seek medical care immediately.
These are a carefully guide on Important Emergency Management In Food Poisoning and Heart Attack every one should know.
Follow us for more Health Updates !!