Important facts about new tanzania president samia suluhu hassan
Samia suluhu hassan became the new president of tanzania on Wednesday after the death of former head of state john magufuli.
A very dark period in Tanzania after the demise of the former head of state was Announced meaning his vice is to take charge immediately.
However for new tanzania president , samia suluhu hassan who joins the host of female president to come from the continent of africa .
Much is not known about the new president due to here ways of keeping a low profile during her political careers.
Quick Facts About Samia Suluhu Hassan
– born in january 1960 on zanzibar – the semi autonomous island off coast of mainland tanzania.
– She went on to study public administration within the chores of the country , before proceeding to uk’s Manchester university for a post graduate program.
– Samia in 1978, got married to Hafidti Ameir ,who is known to be agricultural academics but has also kept a low profile.
– First elected into office in 2000, where she came to national prominence in 2004, as the chair person of the constituent assembly.
– In 2005, she was Appointed as minister of labour , gender , development and children in zanzibar , where she single handedly overturn a ban on young mother’s returning to school after giving birth.
– In 2015 she became vice president of tanzania, having served as state minister in the previous government.
– Since she became vice – president , she have not been pictured together with her husband .
– Her union with her husband was bless with four children, with one Mwanu Hafidti Ameir ,who is currently a member of zanzibar house of representatives.
– Her Assumption to the seat of president , means she becomes africa’s only current female national leader .
The ethiopian presidency is a Ceremonial role.
– The 61 year old is affectionately known as mama samia . In Tanzania culture that reflect the respect she is held in .
– In 2017, she survived an Assassination attempt , when she visited opposition leader Tundu Lissu in hospital in the kenyan capital Nairobi.
Her ascendancy as the president of tanzania means Samia Suluhu Hassan Becomes the 10th female to head a country in africa .