Everton Boss Finally Provides Transfer Update On Lucas Digne Amid Chelsea Interest

“I had a couple of conversations with him,” Everton manager Rafael Benitez told a press conference when asked to provide an update on Lucas Digne’s situation.

“I have no explanation [for why he wants to leave]. If someone is happy or not happy, you are paid big money and have to perform.

“Modern football, maybe the stats and the priorities have changed and maybe people think about themselves before the team. Do we want to grow and improve or just to manage the egos?

Also Read

Antonio Conte Finally Responds To Romelu Lukaku’s Criticism Of Chelsea and Tuchel

Hakim Ziyech Finally Reveals How Chelsea Players Reacted To Lukaku’s Interview

“I think he was very clear. I want to ask a question to any fan or former player, what Peter Reid will say if a player doesn’t want to be here? He told me what he thought, so what do you expect the manager to do?”

Meanwhile, Lucas Digne has not played a minute for Everton since December 1 when the Toffees were defeated 4-1 in the Merseyside derby at Goodison Park.

According to multiple sources, Chelsea are considering the Frenchman as the signing in January as they are looking for a player who would help them deal with Ben Chilwell’s absence till the end of the season. So far, however, no approach has been made.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *